WELCOME

Hi, welcome to my blog where I, Value Mahala bring in on on articles. Please be free and don't be shy to be my friend. God bless you.






Wednesday 20 April 2016

What Did Jesus Mean When He Said "I am Thirsty" ?

WHAT DID JESUS MEAN WHEN HE SAID "I AM THIRSTY"
NIV Bible
John 19

  • 28 Later knowing that all was now completed, and so that the scripture would be fulfilled, Jesus said, "I am thirsty."
  • 29 A jar of wine vinegar was there, so they soaked a sponge in it, put the sponge on a stalk of the hyssop plant, and lifted it to Jesus' lips.
  • 30 When he had received the drink, Jesus said, "It is finished"

This all goes back to the 10 Commandments on Mount Sinai

TEV Bible
Exodus 19:20 The LORD came down on the top of Mount Sinai and called Moses to the top of the mountain. Moses went up

Exodus 20

  • 1 God spoke, and these were his words
  • 2 "I am the LORD your God who brought you out of Egypt, where you were slaves
  • 5 Do not bow down to any idol or worship it, because I am the LORD your God and I tolerate no rivals. I bring punishment on those who hate me and on their descendents down to the 3rd and 4th generation

This is a generational curse. Children were to suffer the punishment of their parent's sins and their forefather's sins.

THE PROVERB IN THE LAND OF ISRAEL
Ezekiel 18

  • 1 The LORD spoke to me 
  • 2 and said, "What is this proverb people keep repeating in the land of Israel? 'The parents ate the sour grapes, But the children got the sour taste.'
  • 3 "As surely as I am the living God," says the Sovereign LORD, "You will not repeat this proverb In Israel any more.
  • 4 The life of every person belongs to me, the life of the parent as well as that of the child. The person who sins is the one who will die.


Every life belongs to the LORD
Revelation 13:8 All people living on earth will worship it, except those whose names were written before the creation of the world in the book of the living which belongs to the Lamb that was killed.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming to him, and said, "There is the Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Colossians 1:16 God created the whole universe through him and for him.

Ezekiel 18

  • 19 "But you ask: 'Why shouldn't the son suffer because of his father's sins?'

This tells me the parents wanted to sin and get away with it. They didn't care about their children and didn't love them. To me they were selfish with self .

Ephesians 2

  • 1 In the past you were spiritually dead because of your disobedience and sins. 
  • 2 At that time you followed the world's evil way; you obeyed the ruler of the spiritual powers in space, the spirit who disobey God. 
  • 3 Actually all of us were like them and lived according to our natural desires, doing whatever suited the wishes of our own bodies and minds. 


Ezekiel 18

  • 19 The answer is that the son did what was right and good. He kept my laws and followed them carefully, and so he will certainly live.
  • 20 It is the one who sins who will die. A son is not to suffer because of his father's sins, nor a father because of his son. A good person will be rewarded for doing good, and an evil person will suffer for the evil he does. 
  • 30 "Now I, the Sovereign LORD, am telling you Israelites that I will judge each of you by what you have done. 

This means there will no longer be a generational curse.

THE REMOVAL OF THE GENERATIONAL CURSE ON THE NEW COVENANT
Jeremiah 31

  • 29 When that time comes, people will no longer say 'The parents ate the sour grapes, But the children got the sour taste. 
  • 30 Instead, all those who eat sour grapes will have their own teeth set on edge, and they will all die because of their own sin."
  • 31 The LORD says, " The time is coming when I will make a new covenant with the people of Israel and with the people of Judah.
  • 32 It will not be like the old covenant that I made with their ancestors when I took them by the hand and led them out of Egypt. Although I was like a husband to them, they did not keep that covenant. 
  • 33 The new covenant that I will make with the people of Israel will be this : I will put my law within them and write it on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be my people. 
  • 34 None of them will have to teach his fellow-citizen to know the LORD, because all will know me, from the least to the greatest. I will forgive their sins and I will no longer remember their wrongs. I, the LORD, have spoken. "
The new covenant had the forgiveness of sins and the generational curse taken out of the 3rd law which is on

Exodus 20:5 Do not bow down to any idol or worship it, because I am the LORD your God and I tolerate no rivals. I bring punishment on those who hate me

No more punishment on their descendents down to the 3rd and 4th generation. Now the person who sin will die

Ezekiel 18:4 The person who sins is the one who will die.

THE FULFILMENT ON THE CROSS
When Jesus said "I am thirsty. " John 19:28 He thirsted for what he got, wine vinegar John 19:29 For he knew everything had been completed.

Wine is made of grape. Vinegar has a sour taste. When he received the drink the generational curse was removed from the 3rd law of the 10 commandments. No more children to suffer for their parents or and forefathers sins. And Jesus said "It is finished. " John 19:30

No comments:

Post a Comment